Choosing the Right Criminal Attorney in Palm Beach to Defend Your Case
The Firm offers legal counsel in numerous scenarios, including:
- Aggressive, thorough, and persuasive jury trial representation with a focus on targeted cross examinations and oratory techniques designed, in the words of one former client, "to move jurors to justice"
- Early-phase representation when evidence is brought forward to the Government which persuades the prosecution not to file charges, to dismiss charges, or to file lesser charges
- Complex investigations which can break open a case when law enforcement has it wrong, including white collar cases, sexual abuse defense, homicides, law enforcement overreach and internal affairs cases, public records litigation under Chapter 119 (Florida's "Sunshine Law"), and conspiracy cases
- Motions to suppress evidence when law enforcement violates the rights of an accused via an unlawful search or seizure, entrapment, or other law enforcement misconduct
- Motions challenging laws in Florida which are unconstitutional, inequitably applied, or result in draconian and unjust sentences
- Resourceful use of expert witnesses when cases require an in-depth analysis of a complicated forensic case component such as psychology/psychiatry, firearms, DNA, fingerprints, false confessions, accident reconstruction, and child interview taint
- Mitigation work in the areas of mental health, family dysfunction, or substance abuse issues
- Appellate representation premised on persuasive writing skills, a strong command of State and Federal law, and a creative, artful analysis of the issues
- Post-conviction representation via Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.850, or Federal Habeas Corpus petitions, when initial trial counsel failed to provide effective assistance of counsel and a client has ended appellate relief options
- Records sealing, expungement and reputation management when one past mistake irreparably threatens a person's future
The Firm’s offices are centrally located in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida. Attorney Nellie L. King also handles criminal matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States and presents on criminal defense, constitutional matters, and justice issues to audiences throughout the country.